SMBC Capital Markets, Inc. (CM) is a derivatives trading company which was started in 1988 and is based in New York City, with offices in London and Hong Kong. SMBC CM is an established derivatives dealer with a broad product portfolio, with specific emphasis on interest rates and foreign exchange products such as interest & fx swaps, FRAs, options, exotic products, commodity derivatives as well as exchange traded products such as treasury bonds, interest rate futures & options, currency futures, treasury futures & options, etc.
SMBC CM is seeking a Corporate Strategist for fixed income derivative products to join its Marketing Group. The VP will produce presentations and other actionable marketing materials that assist the sales team to market interest rate derivative, foreign exchange and commodity derivative transactions, with a particular focus on US corporations that are banking clients of SMBC.
- Conduct client specific analyses in conjunction with Marketing focused on corporate hedging topics.
- Independantly present ideas and analysis to corporate clients.
- Analyzing and optimizing client balance sheets.
- Advise clients on strategic hedging plans.
- Produce Powerpoint presentations, topical reports and other marketing documents.
- Create and automate presentation templates linked to bloomberg etc to minimize presentations creation time.
- Assist marketers with occaisonal client meetings or conference calls.
- 7-9 years experience in fixed income, currency and commodity strategy or research
- Understanding of statistical concepts and ability to implement sophisticated statistical analysis
- Knowledge of third party financial research and data resources
- Use of Bloomberg data, models and other functions
- Use of Microsoft Office applications particularly Powerpoint and Excel
- Interest rate and cross currency swap, interest rate option, FX forward and commodity swap modeling
- Interpersonal and communication skills