SMBC Capital Markets, Inc. (CM) is a derivatives trading company which was started in 1988 and is based in New York City, with offices in London and Hong Kong. SMBC CM is an established derivatives dealer with a broad product portfolio, with specific emphasis on interest rates and foreign exchange products such as interest & fx swaps, FRAs, options, exotic products, commodity derivatives as well as exchange traded products such as treasury bonds, interest rate futures & options, currency futures, treasury futures & options, etc.
SMBC CM is seeking a Financial Institution Derivative Marketer to join its Marketing Group. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Derivative Products Sales and Structurer with 15 years' of front office sales experience covering Financial Institutions, preferably covering Fund and Insurance clients. The candidate will help expand a strong Financial Institution platform for interest rate, currency and commodity products.
· Handle pricing and execution of various Fixed Income derivative transactions
· Develop transparent pipeline and tracking of future trades/ deal flow
· Credit exposure modelling and trade execution
· Manage ISDA/documentation process for client deals
· Interbank trading for USD interest rate swap trading desk to trade direct among other bank counter parts in an alternative hedging, liquidity and risk management capacity
· 15 years' of front office experience in fixed income/currency derivatives
· Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
· In depth knowledge of Excel for trade modeling and & Word for client presentations
· Bachelor’s degree in business, or equivalent. Masters preferred.
· Strong sales and communication skills
· An ability to learn quickly all aspects of our business (infrastructure, regulation etc.)