SMBC is seeking a Marketing Solutions Project Coordinator for the Marketing Solutions Department of Corporate Banking. This role will coordinate the departments’ effort to continuously improve the quality, consistency & availability of marketing tools and customer communications across SMBC Americas major business and product groups. The Marketing Solutions department provides prospecting and marketing support primarily to client facing bankers by creating and/or assisting in development of standard/introductory pitch books, updating industry & product group template slides, setting up and maintaining files on a centralized marketing library, and other ad hoc duties as assigned. The incumbent will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with many key players in the marketing and branding process.
Within this role, the Project Coordinator will:
- Coordinate & collaborate with Design Associates who manage various print, intranet and web project requests from various teams throughout the bank (in various countries and time zones), as well as projects relating to client events and projects that involve our IT department.
- Perform project-based and administrative tasks assigned by Requesting Departments in a complete and timely manner.
- Consistently prioritize assigned tasks in close coordination with Requesting Dept, Corporate Banking Mgmt, Design Associates and Various Content Creators in order to effectively support multiple project delivery deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with many key players throughout the bank; senior bankers, junior bankers, analysts, legal, compliance, designers, vendors and more. Provide branding and creative input that is consistent with SMBC standards.
- Simultaneously manage multiple tasks from various projects from inception to completion (i.e. route requests from idea, to design to legal/compliance and deliver final product)
- Track all projects and provide reports for the Marketing Solutions team, coordinate the content management workflow; Manage content expiration dates and content authors to maintain and upload files on centralized marketing library; Thoroughly proofread all work
- Communicate effectively with requesting departments (including staff seconded from overseas) and project team members, provide guidance on using the centralized online library. Conduct periodic training presentations
- Set up and coordinate meetings and conference calls, including international calls
- Organize communications and contracts with approved vendors
- Support editing and drafting of key media such as newsletters, bios, speeches, ads and the public website
- Willing to work outside of a normal 9-5 workday when necessary to meet deadlines and be available for occasional conference calls in different time zones (i.e. 7am or 7pm calls.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study (Marketing/Communications, Project Management, Information Management), or its equivalent.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in project coordination within a marketing/sales department.
- Background in marketing/sales and/or finance is a plus.
- Experience with Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, Excel, Project, Content Management Systems and Databases
- Advanced skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Office; Photoshop skills a plus.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems and Databases
- Must have extremely strong organizational, follow-through and time management skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Copy editing and writing skills a plus.
- Must have strong problem-solving & listening skills
- Must be proficient in organizing and tracking progress on multiple tasks from multiple projects
- Experience with IT and vendor budget management is a plus.
- Proficient in organizing and tracking progress on multiple tasks from multiple projects and have extremely strong organizational, follow-through and time management skills
- Must have strong content/file management skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Copy editing & proofreading skills a plus.
-Team player with a 'can-do' attitude in a fast-paced, demanding yet collegial & entrepreneurial team environment.