The Data Governance Management Specialist will work with the Chief Data Office and other business stakeholders to elicit and analyze data management requirements. In collaboration with the Chief Data Office the specialist will utilize the IBM Data Governance products to build a first class enterprise data management practice within JRI-A.
The specialist will design, implement, maintain and test data management solutions. The specialist will be part of the team that is building IT capabilities to support the Enhanced Prudential Standards and the formation of a Bank Holding Company.
The Data Governance Management Specialist is expected to carry out the following duties
· Meet with business stakeholders and other technical team members to gather and analyze application data management requirements.
· Assist with the design and build data management solutions to satisfy application (business and technical) requirements.
· Collaborate with Process specialists, Process Owners and Subject Matter Experts to create BPM solutions using IBM Lombardi and other integration tools.
· Manage IBM Lombardi environment using core product skills and best practice methods.
· Develop Business Process Management for Data Management and Data Governance.
. Perform data analysis where requirements may need to be derived from available documentation, interviews with users, and file specifications/samples.
· Assist with the implement of data management solutions using available data management tools.
· Understand and facilitate team understanding of data management tools, methods and applications
. Understand and facilitate team understanding of data flow across business applications and interfaces
. Assist with the definition, documentation, maintenance, implementation and compliance of data business definitions, standards, quality rules and methods
. Develop, document and maintain metadata for a multi-phase development projects.
· Perform data analysis activities including data profiling, creation of data dictionaries, data transformation rules and integration requirements.
In addition experience in the following would be a plus
. Data Management and Data Governance for Enhanced Prudential Standards
. Data Management and Data Governance within a Bank Holding Company or an Intermediate Holding Company
. Collaboration with business and IT partners to refine and document system requirements.
· Coordination across organizations as required to support data integration efforts
· Thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
20% - Perform Data Management Analysis
20% - Implement and maintain data designs
20% - Create and maintain technical and business metadata
20% - Write data management procedures, functions and triggers
20% - Business Process Management
20% Data Governance & Strategy
20% Metadata Management
20% Data Quality & Controls
20% Business Process Management
10% Risk & Regulatory Reporting
10% Communication with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators
6-8+ years of experience in data management strategy.; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
3+ years of experience in designing solutions in the area of process flow, business logic and UI within IBM Lombardi tools
Data Governance and Data Management Design working with at least 3 of the following technology:
o IBM Information Governance Catalogue
o IBM Infosphere Information Analyzer
o IBM Business Stewardship Center / Metadata Manager
o IBM Infosphere Quality Stage
o IBM Business Data Warehouse
o IBM Lombardi WebSphere deployment
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
Other Skills, Abilities and/or Training:
Reference Data Management
Master Data Management
Skills and Special Requirements (heavy lifting, excessive overtime, etc.)
Occasionally expected to work evenings and weekends in support of production or project related requirements.