A Cognos TM1 Developer, responsible for the work associated in designing, developing, testing, maintaining and improving Cognos TM1 cubes, dimensions, TI processes, and rules.
- Integrate TM1 as a data source for Cognos BI reporting.
- Responsible for the ongoing operational stability of the environment ensuring objects are properly monitored and audited to provide data integrity, accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
- Create, enhance, and maintain data models, according to best practices.
- Collaborate with business users and members of the BI team, including business analysts, database administrators, and managers, to design and develop Cognos TM1 solutions.
- Exhibit a commitment to data quality by validating results compared with the data warehouse database at each step of the development process.
- Administer the Cognos TM1 development, quality assurance, production environments, including managing Cognos TM1 security using Active Directory, and migration of objects from development to production.
- Train and support Cognos TM1 end users on basic functionality, running processes, viewing/updating cubes and dimensions.
Designing, building, testing, and improving Cognos TM1 cubes and dimensions. (60%)
Developing and optimizing TM1 rules and processes for data transformation (20%)
Production support for Cognos TM1 issues. (15%)
User Training (5%)
Advanced knowledge on Cognos TM1 Platform, understands industry best practices
Advanced knowledge of OLAP cube development using Cognos TM1 10+ (50%)
Advanced knowledge creating TM1 rules and processes for data management (20%)
Ability to query Oracle and SQL Server databases (20%)
Ability to gather and analyze end user requirements, build specifications (10%)
- Ability to absorb & present complex ideas quickly & accurately.
- Ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline.
- Good time management.
- Have a positive approach to work and to fellow team members.
- Experience in creating complex Stored Procedures, Tables, Views, Materialized Query tables, Indexes and SQL.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Previous Work Experience:
- Experience on TM1 server Installation, Configuration and patch updates
- Experience on creating TM1 client instance and configuration
- Experience on TM1 backup strategy
- Experience on TM1 10+ and Cognos BI 10+ integration
- Experience on TM1 authentication configuration and authorization.
- Experience on TM1 server monitoring and performance improvement
- Ability to handle TM1 Application migration
- Knowledge on TM1 Security (Cube/Dimensions/Element and Cell security)
- Knowledge on TM1 Control Object
- Knowledge of TM1 10+ tools (TM1 Architect, Web, Perspective, CAFÉ, Go office, Performance modeler etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Computed related field.
- Cognos TM1 Developer certification a plus
Skills and Special Requirements (heavy lifting, excessive overtime, etc.)
- Cognos TM1 10+ Administration training (or equivalent experience)
- Cognos TM1 10+ Developer training (or equivalent experience)
- Oracle SQL training (or equivalent experience)
- SQL Server Management Studio training (or equivalent experience)