SMBC Capital Markets ("SMBC CM") is an interest rates derivatives trading company based in New York City, with offices in London and Hong Kong. Its a subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp, which is Japan's second largest bank. SMBC CM is an established derivatives dealer with a broad product portfolio, with specific emphasis on interest rates and foreign exchange.
SMBC CM is seeking an Associate level Trade Support Specialist to work with all front office teams. The role supports all front office (Trading , Marketing and XVA) groups and coverage including swaps, options, fx and credit, in all major currencies.
- Support the options and rates desks in daily risk and pnl reconciliation and create EOD reports for traders
- Monitor daily curve (rates, fx basis and tenor basis curves) and volatility (cap and swaption) calibration to ensure EOD books are marked correctly
- Run daily stress tests for the options desk and send out daily reports summarizing the results, along with market commentary
- Assist the rates trading desk by analyzing and calculating valuation differences due to collateral changes on derivatives
- Assist Marketers in analyzing new deal valuations and risk, including market, credit, funding etc.
- Understand and become familiar with trading tools/systems used by the different desks to help resolve issues and make changes as required
- Execute short term fx rolls and repos
- Perform daily new deal reconciliation for options and rates desks
- Assist traders in performing market analysis and analyze trading strategies
- Work with middle and back office groups to resolve any portfolio discrepancies and making improvements to daily processes
- Assist all front office groups with adhoc requests and projects
- 3-5 years of fixed income derivatives experience in similar role and/or strong fixed income product knowledge including swaps, options, fx, credit
- Bachelor's or higher degree, or equivalent, in a quantitiative field. Master's candidates preferred
- Strong Excel and VBA skills
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Motivated, ability to work well under pressure and proactive
- Knowledge of derivatives valuations and curve building fundamentals
- Strong multitasker with the ability to work several projects/issues at one time.