SMBC is seeking a data base design specialist who will be required to assist with the implementation and ongoing support of the data management practice within JRI-A.
The data base design specialist will be working with Oracle and SQL Server databases to conceptually, logically and physically design new databases to support our risk management, finance and regulatory reporting business. The specialist will be designing and building databases to enable SMBC to adhere to the Enhanced Prudential Standards. The specialist will also be helping with the data base designs as part of the formation of a Bank Holding Company in the US.
The specialist will design, maintain and build conceptual, logical and physical database models and data driven solutions. The specialist will be responsible for database architecture, design, creation, and optimization. Deriving data conversion and migration methods for existing data, and developing automated conversion and migration methods. The specialist will be part of the JRIA Database Review Group and will construct, review and advise on conceptual, logical and physical database designs throughout JRIA.
Develops and maintains Data Models
Participates in Data Review sessions
Develops Logical and Physical Models
SME for Data Modelling
Addresses issues of Data Migration (Validation, Clean-up and Mapping)
Generates and implements all DDL for Oracle Applications
1. Meet with business stakeholders and other technical team members to gather and analyze application requirements
2. Design database solutions to satisfy application (business and technical) requirements
3. Design, maintain and build conceptual, logical and physical database models and data driven solutions
3. Implement database solutions using available database development tools
4. Provide first level operational support for development and production database systems
5. Provide written status reports to management regarding project status, task, and issues/risks
1. Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
2. 5 years working experience in Oracle and / or SQL Server
3. Oracle RAC experience from the development perspective (database and application), PL/SQL, Linux, etc.
4. Ability to analyze existing Datastage ETL code in both PL/SQL and shell script, and determine impacts and remediation.
5. Ability to analyze existing database schema DDL/instance layout and determine impacts migrating to new target schema/instance environment.
6. Expertize in at least one data modeling tool (ERWIN/ Embarcadero ER/Studio etc.)
7. Expertize in logical and physical data modeling. Special consideration will be given to candidates with financial services modeling background.
8. Strong experience with SQL either in an Oracle of SQL Server environment
9. Strong experience in Business Process Modeling (BPM)
10. Ability to provide guidance to offshore developers and to lead certain design activities.
11. Ability to interact with external DBAs and help
12. Ability to interpret regulatory (Dodd-Frank, Basel III etc.) requirements and derive data driven solutions
Database Design, Data Maintenance, Requirements Analysis, Teamwork, Technical Zeal, Project Management, Presenting Technical Information
Skills and Special Requirements (heavy lifting, excessive overtime, etc.)
Late night and weekend work may be required as necessary