This person will support the lending activities of US Corporates and Latin America, including underwriting and participating in other banks' transactions in support of strategic clients. This person will also support Syndications' initiatives to use the bank’s balance sheet more efficiently in support of Client Focused Banking vs. Credit Focused Banking, Investor Business Cross Functional Team and Originate to Distribute initiatives.
1) Provide regular input to comps and investor database and League Tables
- Assist Origination team to maintain an active database of comparable transactions and market trends
- Assist Distribution team to maintain an active database of investor appetite (both SMBC Agented and non-Agented transactions) and market trends
- Ensure that databases are current and accurate
- Ensure all new deals are reflected in comps and League Tables reporting
- Review weekly and provide feedback to team
- Obtain loan invitations and offering memoranda from Corporate Bankers are saved and stored in a central repository
2) Assist Associates, AVPs and VPs with input to pitches, market updates and underwriting memos
- Prepare underwriting memos
- Obtain and present the appropriate comps for input to memos and pitches
2) Support Administrative tasks for the team
- Confirm billing for Intralinks, Dealogic, Thomson Reuters, etc)
- Ensure that all activity is up-to-date in the Group’s weekly pipeline/inventory report
4) Support weekly meetings between bankers and Syndications
- Provide input regarding trends, deals and opportunities in the investment grade and non-investment grade markets
- Initiate discussions regarding meetings with clients
- Ensure materials are current and distributed to bankers
- Bachelor's degree, or its equivalent. Finance/Accounting courses.
- Experience from prior financial services internships preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office; some knowledge of research databases, such as Bloomberg, Capital IQ would be helpful (but not required).
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to be a proactive team player
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills and possess a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to filter and process large amounts of information, including offering information, legal documents and market trends
- Ability to work long hours as required.
- Abilty to work within an environment that is focused on teamwork, communication and the ability to multi-task.