SMBC Nikko’s Investment Banking Group focuses on Consumer/Retail, Energy and Power, Industrials, TMT and Financial Sponsors. The Investment Banking Group is seeking highly motivated candidates with requisite experience and qualifications for an analyst position.
The Analyst Training Program at Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Americas (SMBC) provides a quick start for select entry level professionals who demonstrate a high degree of emotional and cultural intelligence and who have a keen desire to build a successful career in global banking. The program begins with six weeks of coursework, which lay a foundation in financial analysis, SMBC processes, and professional development. After completing the program, analysts move into full-time positions in their respective business units. Customized rotations allow the analysts to learn in different areas of the Bank.
- At SMBC, you’re part of a multinational bank that is positioned as the leading choice for US companies expanding in Asia.
- The evolution of SMBC’s products and services and geographic coverage offers Analysts the chance to build long-term growth careers.
- The broad range of global banking solutions enables Analysts to work on cross-selling opportunities to customers with evolving capital needs.
- Analysts gain in-depth knowledge across a broad range of industries: 45% of Fortune 500 companies are our clients.
- Our Analysts hone the valuable skill of global collaboration by working with SMBC colleagues worldwide.
- You will be sharing your future with a forward-looking bank valued for its solid balance sheet.
Our Analyst Training Program is an investment in our people:
- Training reflects the latest industry practices and thought leadership – We invite distinguished experts to conduct training sessions on critical topics.
- Training is well rounded – We incorporate Credit and Financial Modelling, Financial Markets eLearning, Capital Markets, Accounting, Business Overviews (presented by panels of experts from our Business Units) and Case Studies into the program; as well as a visit to Bloomberg, Business Writing, Presentation Skills, Managing Your Career, Personal and SMBC Branding; Cultural Training and Networking events.
- Buddy assignments support fluid integration into the Analyst Training Program.
- Learning about the unique SMBC culture comes naturally through informal and formal networking events with mid- and senior management.