The Trade Solution team within Global Trade FInance is looking for an Associate to support the senior transactors in the origination of business with new and existing clients in North America. This position would entail coordinating and preparing credit applications, managing the credit approval process, handling various phases of the execution process, responding to client inquiries, RFPs, preparing client presentations, and providing reports to senior management.
- Preparation of credit applications to support Trade Finance transactor activities.
- Assist in management of the execution process and conduct monthly and quarterly reviews of the portfolio; coordinate with middle office, back office and other Trade Finance overseas offices.
- Prepare presentation materials, request for proposals and term sheets for potential deals.
- Respond to day-to-day inquiries from clients, relationship managers, middle and back office.
- Keep abreast of industry updates and economic environment as it relates to trade finance
- Provide monthly reports to management and other ad hoc reports.
- Remain aware of all compliance and risk factors and continually work together with senior members of the team to proactively minimize and mitigate risk.
- This position regularly requires the ability to work long hours and occasional weekend work.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience in the front office of a corporate bank, trade finance team, or treasury department
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or accounting or equivalent education and training. MBA is a plus.
- Knowledge of Trade Finance Products such as Letters of Credit, Import/Export LCs, confirmations/discounting, Accounts Receivable and Supply Chain financing required
- Formal credit training and/or relevant graduate level coursework required
- Must have excellent financial analysis skills
- Must demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines.
- Strong writing and communication skills as the associate will have to clearly and accurately describe and explain transactions to management and various internal stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of banking systems and operational processes required
- Experience working internationally is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint