As part of the Head Office - Corporate Research Department (New York), the Corporate Advisory Division (CAD) works closely with key decision makers of finance, corporate planning, business development, and M&A at Japanese companies, helping them plan and execute financial and business strategies. CAD is headquartered in Tokyo with teams in Osaka, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, London and New York.
The chosen candidate will provide Japanese corporate customers with value-added information on industries and companies in North America, and will propose financial and business solutions to address their managerial challenges including business alliances, strategic investments, and M&A. In order to provide such information and opportunities, CADNY networks with financial sponsors (VC/PE), investment banks, professional firms, universities, research institutions, and companies in North America. CADNY collaborates with a variety of relevant departments, affiliate companies, and alliance partners of SMBC to support customers. CADNY also works with American companies that are looking for partnerships in Japan/Asia.
- Conduct research on industry trends and gather intelligence on specific companies
- Network with financial sponsors, investment banks, and other professionals
- Liaise with team members in Japan and relevant departments
- Prepare presentation materials and reports for customers and internal use
- Provide strategic advice across a variety of financial products and services of SMFG/SMBC
- Handle inquiries from Advisory Department (Tokyo/Osaka) and/or relevant departments for information and data
- Basic knowledge of corporate finance, valuation, M&A, and VC/PE investment
- Proven experience in investment banking / strategic consultancy is a plus
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to provide appropriate data-based advice
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- BA/BS in finance, accounting, business administration or similar field
Japanese skill (written and oral) is a plus