SMBC IT Planning Department is seeking for a Bilingual in English/Japanese Business Analyst for treasury system which is supporting derivatives, FX, security, bond and money market businesses and ETL(Extract, Transform Load) application which sends daily balances and transactions of Demand Deposit Accounts, Loans and Trade Finance with those B/S and P/L.This position is bridge between business users and IT developer that requires to find roots of user requirements, transform them into development specification and have IT developer understand what needs to be done.
Candidate must have basic knowledge of treasury business (all of or either treasury front, middle and/or back operation) in banking industry and project management skills of small to mid-size IT project.
Candidate is preferable to have experiences user support such as analyzing business user's question/inquiry and providing solutions.Candidate is also required to be an effective liaison between stakeholders in the United States and Japan.
System planning for Treasury System and ETL application
- Requirements definition for business users, IT specification documentation, cost and schedule negotiation, placement of order, monitoring of development progress and project risk and issue control.
- Test environment preparation, arrangement of user acceptance test, test issues management and system implementation support.
User Support for Treasury System and ETL application
- Ascertaining and verifying of user’s inquires and system issues, finding and providing of solutions in a timely manner.
- Providing of on/off-site user training and supportive advices as for business procedure.
- Department budget and asset management
Basic knowledge of treasury business (all of or either treasury front, middle and/or back operation) in banking industry
Basic skills of small to mid-size IT project management
3+ years' experience with user support or system planning of Treasury system
Basic knowledge of budget and asset management
Must have strong communication skills (oral and written) in both English and Japanese
Must be proficient of MS Office Applications such as Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint
Must be able to provide occasional weekend and late night support for production support and migration
Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Must be willing to work in an energetic, fast paced and team-oriented development environment
University Degree/Preferably in a field related to computer science or software engineering