SMBC's Global Trade Finance team is looking for a Bilingual English/Spanish Analyst to provide analytical and administrative support to the senior members of the GTFD Latam team . This individual will support associates and senior level officers in preparing credit applications, reviewing quarterly loan reports, conducting regular credit reviews of loans in the portfolio, providing research and analytics, assisting marketing staff in preparing client materials and other administrative tasks as required.
1. Conduct analysis and research on the performance of borrowers to assess historical performance and future projections; ie. Cash flow analysis, risk capital calculations
2. Gather support documentation to structure deals, liaise with middle and back office for KYC purposes, and assist in drafting pre screen memos for the Credit Department.
3. Conduct quarterly and annual reviews of loan portfolio and handle a variety of system and procedural issues related to the borrowers such as internal grading, monthly/quarterly reporting, and other ad hoc projects.
4. Assist with amendments, dividend transactions, loan closings and funding, and other credit events that may impact the borrower.
5. Support in the preparation of client materials (presentations, proposals, RFPs, term sheets, etc.).
6. Undertake research and analytics related to specific sectors, regions or loans, and stay abreast of current market conditions.
7. Provide ad hoc reports for management.
8. This position regularly requires the ability to work long hours and occasional weekend work.
· Formal credit training preferred.
· 1-2 years of experience working at a corporate bank or other financial institution.
· Some knowledge of banking and prior internships at a bank or financial institution preferred.
· Highly proficient MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills are required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Accounting preferred or equivalent education and training.
· Spanish language is required.
·Agility: Able to quickly learn and adapt to internal policies, processes, grading and other systems. Able to work well in a culturally diverse and team oriented environment. Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and an interest in continuous learning.
·Analytical: Strong accounting skills with an ability to read and interpret financial statements and perform cash flow analysis proficiently. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to synthesize large amounts of information, analyze risk and identify mitigating factors.
·Risk Aware: Knowledgeable of bank regulations, risk and compliance factors and regulatory matters.
·Initiative: Self-driven and motivated; takes personal ownership of specific assignments.
·Teamwork/Agility: Highly collaborative and flexible in a team and client environment and ability to form good relationships internally and externally. Able to coordinate and communicate with various internal departments across the bank (middle/back office, global counterparts).
·Communication: Organizes thoughts and clearly articulates points, both verbally and in writing, to management or other internal departments; ie. ability to summarize and explain transactions.
·Attention to Detail: Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines.
·Language: Spanish Language is required.