SMBC is seeking an experienced individual to provide IT development and support for regulatory reporting applications at SMBC North America (US and Canada). The individual will leverage his/her strong database programming skills with MS SQL and Oracle database technologies in support of Regulatory Reporting IT systems for both the US and Canada.. For US regulatory reports SMBC utilizes Lombard Risk REG-Reporter, for Canadian regulatory reports SMBC utilizes WKFS Regulatory Reporting solutions. . The position requires a detailed oriented person well versed in data analysis and mapping in addition to database programming skills.
The developer will report into the Vice President of Regulatory Reporting Applications. The developer is expected to develop close working relationships with the controllers in both the US and Canada. Previous experience developing reports in support of a BHC or IHC is required for this position. Knowledge of either the Dodd Frank Act section 165 and/or Basel III is necessary.
Configure, maintain and enhance vendor supplied regulatory reporting applications , interact with vendor directly in this regard to deliver vendor enhancements and resolve issues.
· Develop and maintain Oracle PL/SQL and MS SQL Server TSQL / SSIS / SSRS packages
· Troubleshoot production issues and provide timely support.
· Assist in the resolution of application incidents
· Analysis and design of business requirements and specifications as required
· Perform detailed data mapping and analysis and develop detailed specifications for integration with the application and for the development of additional requirements
· Maintain visibility of new regulatory rules and requirements.
· Research regulatory impact of new business initiatives
· Assist with user acceptance testing of regulatory reports
· Complete complex ad-hoc research, analysis, and reporting.
· Continue to improve automation for all aspects of regulatory reporting environments
· Understand regulatory reporting processes and its use of operational systems, so that reporting can be developed and explained
· Implement system upgrades, enhancements and the introduction of new systems within a controlled and fully audit-able environment.
· Participate in build related activities – environment set up/implementation schedule/promoting changes, etc.
. Coordinate with IT support partners for timely delivery of above activities
. Have working knowledge of project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile) and be able to define work break down structure for assigned tasks and provide estimates for their duration.
20% Resilient under pressure and able to adapt quickly to unforeseen work demands and ability to work to tight time scales;
20% Good communication skills in English, including report writing are required;
30% Database Development skills including PL/SQL, TSQL, SSIS, SSRS
10% Data Analysis
10% Data Profiling
10% An analytical mindset, coupled with advanced excel modeling skills;
- 5-10 Years in financial services industry
- Experience in regulatory reporting especially for an IHC or BHC Company with prior submission experience, capital planning and/or liquidity regulatory reporting (4G, 5G, Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR))
- strong plus - broad understanding of Enhanced Prudential Standards (EPS), Dodd Frank Section 165, Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) Reporting structure
- strong plus - experience and knowledge in the FR Y14A report structure, or FRY 9C
Other Skills, Abilities and/or Training:
· SQL / Data Analysis certifications
· Ability to write PL/SQL and/or T-SQL scripts to perform data refreshes from one system to another or run data queries
· Ability to identify and map source and target data fields
· Windows and Linux proficiency highly desired
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Availability to work nights or weekends to meet critical project deliverables and/or production support incidents