SMBC Nikko Securities America's Equity Sales & Trading (EST) team is seeking a Japanese-English bilingual administrative professional to perform tasks such as travel and expense management, system registrations, and other general administrative tasks to support the smooth running of the desk. This is a six month temporary assignment.
(1) Travel and expense management for desk staff.
(2) Other administrative tasks listed include:
- Copy documents and bind presentations
- Purchase office supplies
- Coordinate meetings/dinners
- Communicate effectively with other departments including Tokyo Head Office
- Answer phones promptly and courteously
- Bilingual fluent Japanese and English
- 3-5 years of administrative experience at a bank or financial institution
- Ability to take a proactive approach to every aspect of the job--willingness to "take ownership" of responsibilities and assignments and to focus on the overall efficient and effective operation of the desk
- Flexible and outgoing personality--ability to deal with rapidly changing environment and to work well with colleagues in a variety of circumstances
- Strong organizational skills and very detail orientated
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and ability to learn new computer systems