SMBC Nikko Securities America's Equity Sales & Trading (EST) team is seeking a Japanese-English bilingual sales desk support professional to perform tasks such as travel and expense management, system registrations, and other general administrative tasks to support the smooth running of the desk. The job will also involve closely working with sales and sales traders to support their client service activities, with a large role involving assistance with the arrangement and execution of corporate and SMBC Nikko analyst roadshows in North America.
This is a six month temporary assignment, with the opportunity for a permanent role.
(1) Travel and expense management for desk staff.
(2) Support of sales and sales traders in daily client service activities.
(3) Active involvement in planning, arrangement and execution of Japanese corporate non-deal roadshows as well as SMBC Nikko research analyst marketing trips to North America.
(4) Other administrative tasks listed include:
- Copy documents and bind presentations
- Purchase office supplies
- Coordinate meetings/dinners
- Communicate effectively with other departments including Tokyo Head Office
- Answer phones promptly and courteously
- Bilingual fluent Japanese and English
- 3-5 years of administrative experience at a bank or financial institution
- Ability to take a proactive approach to every aspect of the job--willingness to "take ownership" of responsibilities and assignments and to focus on the overall efficient and effective operation of the desk
- Ability to interact with investor clients on a range of levels and topics in a professional and efficient manner.
- Flexible and outgoing personality--ability to deal with rapidly changing environment and to work well with colleagues in a variety of circumstances
- Strong organizational skills and very detail orientated
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and ability to learn new computer systems