SMBC's LADA Corporate Finance Team (LADA-CF) is looking for an experienced Analyst to provide analytical and administrative support to the senior members of the LADA-CF team. This individual will support associates and senior level officers in preparing credit applications, conducting regular credit reviews of the borrowers in the portfolio, providing research and analytics, assisting senior members in New York and marketing staffs in countries in preparing marketing materials and other administrative tasks as required.
- Conduct analysis and research on the performance of borrowers to assess historical performance and future projections; ie. Projected model grade, M&A pro-forma analysis, Cash flow analysis,
- Gather support documentation to structure deals, liaise with middle and back office for KYC purposes, and assist in drafting pre consultation memos for the Credit Department.
- Conduct reviews of the borrowers and handle a variety of system and procedural issues related to the borrowers such as KYC, internal grading, periodic reporting items, and other ad hoc projects.
- Assist with credit applications, amendments, deal closings and funding, and other credit events that may impact the borrower.
- Support in the preparation of client materials (presentations, proposals, RFPs, term sheets, etc.).
- Undertake research and analytics related to specific sectors, regions, large corporate groups or individual companies, and stay abreast of current market conditions.
- Provide ad hoc reports for management.
- Formal credit training preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience working at a corporate bank or other financial institution.
- Some knowledge of banking and prior internships at a bank or financial institution preferred.
- Highly proficient MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills are required.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Accounting preferred or equivalent education and training.
- CFA Level I a plus.
- Proactivity: Strong mindset to get various projects done within required timeframe, by identifying necessary steps and potential challenges throughout the process, setting up proper milestones toward the deadline taking expected / unexpected disruptions into account, and executing the steps in accordance with the milestones while amending as situation requires along the way.
- Agility: Able to quickly learn and adapt to internal policies, processes, grading and other systems. Able to work well in a culturally diverse and team oriented environment. Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and an interest in continuous learning.
- Analytical: Strong accounting skills with an ability to read and interpret financial statements and perform cash flow analysis proficiently. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to synthesize large amounts of information, analyze risk and identify mitigating factors.
- Risk Aware: Knowledgeable of bank regulations, risk and compliance factors and regulatory matters. Able to raise flags and/or consult with senior members as appropriate, rather than acting by oneself based on his/her own presumptions under unfamiliar situations.
-Initiative: Self-driven and motivated; takes personal ownership of specific assignments.
- Teamwork/Agility: Highly collaborative and flexible in a team and client environment and ability to form good relationships internally and externally. Able to coordinate and communicate with various internal departments across the bank (middle/back office, global counterparts), by identifying relevant staffs across the bank group and taking perspectives of other teams into account.
- Communication: Organizes thoughts and clearly articulates points, both verbally and in writing, to management or other internal departments; ie. ability to summarize and explain transactions. Fluent in English, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines.