· Act as a lead technical business analyst on data-centric projects
· Perform complex data analysis using SQL queries to understand business data, investigate issues, and present potential data solutions
· Analyze complex legacy user processes such as heavy Excel workbooks with complex formulas and macros
· Conduct work sessions with various business departments to understand requirements
· Liaise with both business users and IT teams to effectively translate requirements into technical specifications
· Produce high quality documentation (i.e. business requirements, functional specifications, and test plans), including process flows and mock-ups. Conduct review sessions of documents and request approvals
· Record and articulate key discussions in meetings, develop action plans, and link to project tasks
· Work closely with IT team to design & build solutions
· Work with users to document UAT test plans and test cases
· Participate in all phases of testing (functionality, integration, and UAT)
· Manage UAT testing, which includes tracking defects, enhancements, and questions.
· Participate in general PM/BA work including production support and BAU enhancements of in-house developed business applications.
· Provide project management support and report issues, status and resolutions to core program team.
· Manage and archive project documentation into company-wide repository in an organized manner
· 4-8 years of experience as a Technical Business Analyst, preferably with a Capital Markets background
· Relevant experience in a data science, business analytics/business intelligence, including data warehousing, and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
· Played a key role in data warehouse (DW) projects and understands key DW concepts and design
· Experienced in using SQL on a day-to-day basis to analyze/manipulate data and investigate issues
· Has participated in meetings with stakeholders, business and IT teams, as well as assisted in tracking and distributing meeting minutes
· Experienced in presenting key information in a concise yet effective manner
· Experienced in all facets of standard software development life cycle
· Has played a key role in the testing phase (i.e. unit testing, creating test plans, gathering test cases, facilitated UAT sessions, etc.)
· Experienced in creating quality documentation, including diagrams to depict complex business or IT processes
· Comfortable working in a flexible environment, such as changing priorities, roles, etc.
Nice to have:
· Experience in bank capital markets in a business analyst or financial analyst role
· Experience with trading and/or risk management software systems.
. Working knowledge of Rates/FX derivatives instruments including risk measures and P&L attribution
· Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
· Strong analytical, data manipulation and validation skills
· Strong work ethic with focus on meeting deadlines and objectives.
· Flexible mind set and strong team player with cross functional teams.
· Highly proficient with Excel and knowledge of complex formulas. VBA knowledge is a plus
· Practical use of Visio, PowerPoint, and Project Plan desired.
· Must be a "self-starter" who identifies, resolves, and reports on issues in a timely and effective manner
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with end-users, team members and senior management
· Bachelor's degree. Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
Skills and Special Requirements (heavy lifting, excessive overtime, etc.)
Availability to make time commitment to meet Project Life Cycle time lines