SMBC's LADA Corporate Finance Team is looking for a Senior Credit Administrator who will be responsible for supporting the team’s coverage efforts through administrative functions in relation to credit/process controls and credit management of the LADA portfolio, with a focus on corporate transactions. The incumbent will be responsible for effective business operations and credit and risk management, with an emphasis on adherence to internal procedural rules, credit policy and requirements, and as needed, assist on-going portfolio maintenance activities and originations support from an administration point of view. The incumbent will also provide crucial support for bankers interfacing with clients by handling client related requests, communicating with relevant teams within the bank, etc. Bilingual English/Spanish candidates strongly preferred.
- Work closely with team members, credit, operations, and other internal SMBC teams including head office functions in Tokyo to ensure appropriate credit management and successful execution of transactions.
- Act as a key contact person for the team’s country risk management, and spearhead various related activities including periodic reporting, arranging meetings and handling requests from the head offices.
- Support corporate team’s internal credit process from origination to commitment including assisting internal administration process such as KYC, checking credit and review applications, and managing timelines of internal approval process through communications with credit department.
- Ensure effective credit and risk management, with emphasis on adherence to credit policy and requirements, and as needed, assist on-going portfolio maintenance activities and originations support from administrative standpoints, such as update of deal pipeline list and update and analysis of Latam portfolio database.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in a corporate bank or relevant financial institution.
- Previous experience in an administrative function in credit process and/or portfolio management.
- Advanced level of credit experience and familiarity with corporate finance a plus.
- The ability to work with and understand various deal structures a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience
- Formal credit training a plus.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel; Access proficiency a plus.
- Strong mindset to get various projects done within required timeframe, by identifying necessary steps and potential challenges throughout the process, setting up proper milestones toward the deadline taking expected / unexpected disruptions into account, and executing the steps in accordance with the milestones while amending as situation requires along the way.
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to internal policies, processes, grading and other systems. Able to work well in a culturally diverse and team oriented environment. Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and an interest in continuous learning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to present effectively through the administrative and credit processes.
- Have the ability to operate independently and maintain a high level of trust and confidence by senior line and risk management.
- Highly motivated and self-driven person with a desire to succeed and drive business.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred.