SMFL is looking for a Regional Sales Manager to join their growing team. This position is responsible for originating new business volume through the relationship with dealers, manufacturers, and end users.
- Covered area to be discussed.
- Developing leads through phone calls, emails, and networking. Need ability to develop new relationships with dealers, manufacturers and end users. Strong negotiation skills and interpersonal skills are essential.
- From leads, identify opportunities that fit our business model/scheme and from those opportunities, make proposals and secure business.
- Write written proposals, make quotes and communicate effectively with equipment dealers and end users.
- Negotiate terms consistent with SMFL policies and procedures
- Close business effectively
- Use of laptop computer – MS Suite of products plus TValue and use FIS <Sungard> AAF lease management system.
5 or more years of experience in a bank owned leasing company environment similar to SMFL
Communicate effectively and professionally (core sales techniques), ability to develop new relationships with dealers, manufacturer and end users.
Extensive knowledge and understanding of lease pricing, negotiation, and closing transactions
Knowledge and understanding of credit issues including technical ability to analyze and interpret financial statements. Knowledge of credit scoring criteria
Proficiency with our core systems (FIS <Sungard> Lease Management system, TValue, White-Clark system, plus Microsoft Suite)
English (required), Spanish is a plus
Proficient in use of HP 12B or similar calculator for making lease and loan calculations
Basic knowledge of word, excel, powerpoint