Under the direction of the Head of Accounting in Financial Operations, the Financial Reporting Analyst will provide accounting support to financial accounting areas, including account reconciliation, schedules and analysis.
- Primary responsible for performing the day- to-day general ledger accounting and analysis for assigned areas including coordinating and resolving various issues and daily reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries; research and resolve inquiries.
- Assist in the maintaining the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules.
- Assist in the performing Balance Sheet account reconciliations, expense accounts analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents and aging schedules.
- Verifying the accuracy of expense invoices and analyzes trends in expenses.
- Assist with annual external audit.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Other various accounting projects as needed.
- 4-6 years of experience in public accounting or financial services industry with proven track record.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, or equivalent training.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls
- Understanding of USGAAP accounting rules that is reflective of the financial services industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
- Good organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized, with focus on process discipline.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects at a time.