Under the direction of the Head of Accounting in Financial Operations, the Senior Financial Reporting Associate will provide accounting support to financial accounting areas, including account reconciliation, analysis, managerial and financial reporting.
(1) Audits: Assist with annual external audit. Preparation of footnotes and analytics. Liaison with external audits and remediated issues encountered.
(2) Data Integrity: Perform and review Trial Balance validations. Assists in preparation of monthly management reports and accompanying schedules, and narratives, including budget vs. actual expense variance reports. Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for assigned areas of responsibility. Prepare journal entries; research and resolve issues.
(3) Projects: Assist in the implementation of Oracle GL and testing of newly implemented Regulatory Reports. Performing the day- to-day general ledger accounting and analysis for assigned areas including coordinating and remediation of various issues. Other various accounting projects as needed.
(4) Internal Controls -Assist in maintaining the effectiveness of COSO 2013 and Data Governance Controls. Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- 6+ years of experience in public accounting or financial services industry with proven track record.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or training equivalent.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls
- Knowledge of FRB regulations a plus.
- Experience in Systems enhancement projects, ie implementing a General Leger or other major financial systems.
- Experience in the preparation and analysis of managerial reports.
- Understanding of USGAAP accounting rules that are reflective of the financial services industry, primarily focus only derivatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good accounting and analytical skills. Organized, with focus on process discipline, controls and enhancements
- Good time management skills. Must be able to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced professional office environment.
- Knowledge or Oracle General Ledger System a plus.