The Commodity Finance team within the Global Trade Finance Department in New York is looking for an Analyst to assist the team in meeting their business and goals and objectives. The analyst will support senior marketing officers and associates and are responsible for preparing credit applications, maintaining databases, generating and writing reports, responding to day-to-day client inquiries, and liaising with relevant internal departments to ensure proper execution of Commodity Finance transactions.
- Coordinate preparation of credit applications in our proprietary database, GBR (new transactions and amendments) to support portfolio growth.
- Review collateral reports and make the department head aware of discrepancies / concerns / issues.
- Respond to day-to-day inquiries from clients, and internal groups (credit, trade finance, USCB) and draft reports from customer meetings.
- Liaise with middle and back-offices to ensure quick and accurate funding of transactions
- Interact with various relationship managers to ensure all necessary documentation is received for KYC purposes and to allow the completion of credit applications.
- Work together with Credit Control to ensure reporting is accurate and requests for information are handled accurately.
- Update and maintain databases as needed.
- Some local travel may be required (tri-state area).
- The position will require the individual to be in a position to work beyond standard business hours as needed.
- 1-2 years of prior work experience at a comparable bank or financial institution a plus
- Some knowledge of trade finance products
- Strong accounting skills with an ability to read and interpret financial statements and perform cash flow analysis. Must be proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Able to quickly earn and adapt to new processes and systems. Able to work well in a culturally diverse and team oriented environment. Demonstates intellectual curiosity and an interest in coniuous learning
- Strong analytical and critical thionking skills, ability to synthesize large amounts of infomration, identify risks and mitigating factors
- Self driven and motivated; takes ownership of specific assignments
- Highly collaborative and flexible in team and client environment, wth an bility to form good relationships internallya nd externally. Able to coordinate and communicate with variopus internal departments across the bank (middle / back office, global counterparts)
- Ability to organize thoughts and clearly articulate points and provide summaries and explanations of transactions, verbally or in writing to management or other internal departments.
- Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines.