SMBC is a global financial institution with over USD 1.5Tr in assets. SMBC is seeking to grow its business in North America and to continue to expand in Latin America. SMBC's Syndications team is part of the Institutional Client Department and sets structuring, syndication and distribution strategy for all syndicated loans originated by SMBC in the Americas, as well as for any foreign originated loans executed in the US market. We are seeking talented and motivated individuals to be part of a growing team seeking to achieve those goals.
The team works in conjunction with:
- Debt Capital Markets
- Leveraged Finance
- Middle Market
- Corporate Coverage
- Project and Trade Finance
The Syndications team is looking for an Executive Director level incumbent to assist with its Origination efforts, with a particular focus on Middle Market transactions.
- Work with the Middle Market team to originate new middle market transactions
- Advise middle market clients / sponsors on debt capital structures and pricing
- Execute middle market loan transactions, including presenting to underwriting committees, negotiating loan documentation, and managing the distribution process
- Maintain relationships with bank and institutional investors to determine appetite across sectors and specific credits
- Quickly provide feedback to Middle Market team and Syndications senior management regarding underwriting decisions (go / no go)
- Present underwriting decisions to Americas' senior management
- The ideal candidate will have 10 years work experience in a similar role.
- Deep knowledge of middle market.
- Strong relationships bank and instutional investors.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, pressure oriented environment and deliver under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to train junior team members.