SMBC is seeking a Planning Specialist to join our Credit Analysis Group with knowledge of Accounting and Finance, and the ability to understand / analyze elements of Credit Risk. The candidate should be able to understand department policies and contribute to the plans to improve them.
- Analyze credit portfolio and generate portfolio reports periodically to meet the deadlines assigned by management.
- Understand and discuss contents of approved deals with the Credit Officers, and generate reports regarding the deals for senior management globally in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generate and revise departmental policies and procedures by understanding and assessing the impacts from new head office announcements.
- Handle general affairs matters such as systems support.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required.
- Finance and Accounting knowledge & experience is required; additional Credit Risk knowledge preferred.
- Relevant work experience of 4-6 years, preferably in the Financial Services industry.
- Japanese language skills would be preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and MS Word skills are required; MS Access skills preferred.