SMBC is looking to hire a bilingual Japanese/English Analyst to help support relationship managers in, and generally contribute to, the attainment of business goals of the Japanese and Asian Corporate Banking Department (JDAD), Americas Division.
This support includes: (1) Preparation of all relevant credit applications and reviews, including analysis of financial/non-financial information under limited supervision, (2) Working effectively in partnership with other corporate teams, product providers, back office and compliance teams, and (3) Attending bank and client meetings as necessary.
Candidate must be fluent in both Japanese and English (verbal and written).
1) Credit analysis/applications/credit reviews
2) Compliance and internal reporting
3) Miscellaneous activities (monitoring general economic and industry news, etc.)
4) Client facing activities (bank meetings and client meetings)
The Analyst is expected to successfully:
1) Prepare and manage credit applications in accordance with bank guidelines under limited supervision
2) Participate in new transactions/refinancing/amendments and coordinate with internal/external parties
3) Ensure all credit reviews are completed in a timely manner with minimal errors
4) Monitor the performance of assigned accounts by conducting periodic and annual reviews, and creating credit alarms when necessary
The role involves the occasional need to work longer weekday hours and weekend hours.
- Seeking 2-3 years of Finance Industry experience
- Experience in a Commercial or Corporate Banking analytical position is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a Business or Finance-related major (Economics, Accounting, etc.)
- Formal Credit/Financial Analyst training preferred
- MBA and/or CFA a plus
Skills, Abilities and Training:
- Writing, reading and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English required
- Analytical and financial skills (Finance and Accounting knowledge)
- Ability to work under limited supervision (prioritizing, organizational and time management skills) and learn/adapt quickly
- Strong teamwork skills promoting an environment of cooperation and trust, ability to work well as a team member through challenging and high pressure situations
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in or ability to work in a client-focused and global environment
- PC literacy (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, PDF, etc.)