This role within the Financial Institutions Group (FIG) will be responsible for the coverage of the specialty finance sector. The position entails both providing financing as well as cross-selling the various products and services of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG). The role will also be instrumental in assisting with the overall initiative to further grow the efforts to build the non-bank financial platform within FIG.
- Origination: Identify ancillary business opportunities with specialty finance clients by offering the full spectrum of SMFG products. Generate a significant amount of revenues in the first year and beyond.
- Client interaction: Act as a trusted advisor to clients by developing strong relationships, communicating industry knowledge and capital markets expertise.
- Product knowledge: Work with clients on SMFG products (Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, Deposits, Securitization, Structured Credit, Interest Rate Derivatives, FX) and services relevant to the specialty finance industry
- Relationship reviews: Organize teams of product partners and generate relationship reviews detailing coverage plan for product teams
- Internal Relationships: Develop close working relationship with product partners, ensuring that there is full coordination across SMBC and SMFG
- Idea generation: Assist in the generation of ideas and strategies for new business opportunities and convert such ideas and strategies into solid relationships globally and origination of mandates
- Minimum of 10 years prior experience. FIG experience is preferred.
- Significant client interaction and transaction experience.
- Deep knowledge of the specialty finance sector incuding financial services industries such as credit cards, auto finance, student lenders and other consumer finance, commerical and middle market lending, among others.
- Detailed understanding of products relevant to the specialty finance sector including securitization, debt capital markets, hedging and other capital raising products
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to be a team player
- Ability to understand complex financial products
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Effective leadership skills