Reporting to the Manager, Credit section. This position is responsible for the development, maintenance and enhancement of the credit scoring models including documentation of theoretical model frameworks in accordance with HQ policy as well as the financial regulatory requirements such as SR11-7.
SMFL uses Quick Decision Model ("QDM") to score the customers' credit to approve or reject the transactions for any exposure of $500,000.- or less. Not like the traditional credit under-writing, QDM employs credit scores from various credit bureaus as well as other criterias such as years in business, industry, collateral value, etc. to determine the score of a customer. Therefore, the managing the QDM portfolio is key responsibility to make sure the profitability of QDM portfolio. The position is required to analyse the performance of QDM portfolio, making the necessary revision to the model by accommodating the industry variances, collateral positions, etc. by discussing with HQ and obtain necessary approval.
- Manage and analyse the profitability of QDM portfolio (small ticket transactions). Prepare necessary reports to the Management and HQ. Validate the profitability of QDM logic.
- Implementation of QDM portfolio management tool (currently, the scope is to use PayNet). Incorporate the own analysis method to manage QDM portfolio in the system.
- Cooperate with RMDAD to comply with SR11-7 model risk validation as well as other regulation which might come along as a scope of the model compliance. Prepare necessary documents for the validation. Communicate with HQ and liaise between RMDAD and Risk Management Dept in SMFL HQ.
- Support credit analyst with processing of QDM credit application.
- Supports junior staff member with workflow and more complex review and analysis.
- Ensures business continuity under all conditions with strict adherence to established guidelines and deadlines.
- Functional knowledge of banking regulations and specifically Risk Management frameworks and regulatory requirements.
- Familiar with SMFL’s products and services, and policies and procedures.
- Articulate in quantitative approaches and econometrics: knowledge of regression models and gap analysis.
- Good technical and quantitative analysis skills; detail oriented.
- Strong modeling abilities; able to convey technical information clearly.
- Good problem solver; ability to learn quickly.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- 2-5 years of specialized experience in financial service in banking or risk management. Advantage with experience dealing with FRB compliance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. MBA preferred, but not required.