SMBC's Risk Management Department is seeking an experienced risk professional to play an active role in supporting the department with operational risk and policy management.
- Operational Risk Reporting
- Policy Management
- New Product Management
- Risk Appetite Management
Within this role, the incument will perform the following functions:
- Create Weekly, Monthly and Semi-Annual reports for Operational Risk including Cyber Risk.
- Develop Cyber Risk assessment.
- Create Ad-Hoc reports on as needed basis.
- Understand risk profile of bank entities and generate material risk assessments.
- Accurately generate presentation materials for management level committees.
- Maintain and draft risk management policies effectively and accurately.
- Work closely with the IT Security team to manage cyber risk for the bank.
- Assist with New Product Application Process
Prior work experience:
- Minimum of 5 years prior directly relevant experience in financial services
- Bachelors Degree, or its equivalent.
- Masters Degree/CFA/FRM preferred.
Required skills and abilities:
- Understanding of Risk Management, specifically operational risk including cyber risk
- Understanding of regulatory initiatives including initiatives for cyber risk
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word - Strong analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; problem-solving abilities and attention to detail; and prompt follow-through
Other skills, abilities and/or training:
- Credible technical and quantitative analysis skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to climb fast learning curves in areas of limited prior experience
- Inventive and straight-forward problem-solving style
- Strong communication skills, especially written communications
- Effective interpersonal skills and influence competencies
- Present complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Work simultaneously across multiple cross-functional efforts