JRI America, Inc., ("JRI-A"), is a subsidiary of the Japanese IT financial services company, Japan Research Institute Ltd ("JRI"), which is the specialist IT subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group ("SMFG"). SMFG which owns Japan's second-largest bank, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation ("SMBC") by asset size and a Fortune Global 200 company offers a broad range of financial services, primarily banking-related. The group is also engaged in leasing, securities, credit cards, mortgage securitization, venture capital and other credit related businesses and employs over 60,000 people worldwide and has a stated strategic objective of further global expansion. JRI-A provides information technology services in the Western Hemisphere (including the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa) that support the Group’s operations.
SMBC is seeking sharp, talented and energetic graduates passionate about a career in information security to join our New York team. If you will be graduating this Spring and are looking for your next challenge we want to speak with you!
In addition to a rewarding career as a member of our key information security team responsible for products and services that protect our clients, associates and information assets. This program provides an intensive combination of training and mentorship with skilled and experienced information security professionals that is designed to teach enterprise class information security principles and practices.
Education, Experience and Skills
· B.S. or M.S. degree in Science or Engineering preferred.
· Exposure to and interest in the field of computer science and associated subject matter.
· The desire and stamina to be a part of an intensive and prolonged mentorship program.
· Ability to demonstrate a self-motivated and disciplined approach to learning and working.
· Ability to provide evidence of genuine interest in the domain of information security.
Candidates should be able to explain how they take their professional growth seriously and demonstrate their passion for information security.
JRI-A is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Obtain the skills required to become a Security Practitioner and member of our Information Security team responsible for supporting the Information Security program for SMBC and associated entities in multiple geographical locations
Assist in provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, securing and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within security of the infrastructure.
Must ensure that operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to secure standards and industry best practices.
The position will include some or all of the following tasks:
- Deploy, manage, and troubleshoot security monitoring agents on all Unix, Linux, and Windows operation systems.
- Respond to, and where appropriate, resolve or escalate reported security incidents.
- Implement or coordinate remediation required by audits and document exceptions as necessary.
- Support information security architectural requirements as necessary.
- Implement and perform security scans on global infrastructure to search for security vulnerabilities and provide recommendations for remediation.
- Management of security related events and tracking of remediation process.
- Perform detailed data analysis to detect anomalies that may be indicative of malicious activity
- Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures and processes.
- Educate employee base on security matters that help to minimize disruption and risk the business.
- Participate in information security working groups
- Perform testing to evaluate new products for network and system security controls.
- Perform risk based assessments on all applications and provide recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Perform system maintenance, incident problem management, identification of root causes and remediation of production problems.
Bachelor of Science degree in a highly accredited Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or
Engineering program from a renowned institution.
Course experience in one of the core subject areas within information security is preferred. This may include data analysis, policy management, risk management, forensics, network security, secure coding, threat analysis, configuration management etc.
Work related or internship experience desirable.
Must be highly energetic, detail orientated, with excellent problem solving and communication abilities
Must be 'security minded'
Must possess the ability to perform under pressure in a challenging environment in an ever evolving industry.
A hunger to learn and take on challenging opportunities contributing to the success of a global information security team.
Must possess a highly developed sense of personal accountability and follow-through with an ability to effectively prioritize multiple personal tasks, projects and goals.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are required.
The ideal individual is results oriented, exhibits excellent judgment, has relentlessly high standards and an innate ability to inspire passion in others.
The ability to understand complex and highly technical concepts, and easily explain/translate them to peers is highly preferred.