SMBC is seeking an analyst level candidate who will be responsible for assisting the department head and senior internal control associates.
. Assist in the preparations of annual business/IT & entity level related internal controls scoping assessment, as well as annual and on-going risk assessments in accordance with COSO 2013
· Assist in creating and maintaining COSO 2013 compliant business/IT & entity level process documentations for financial & regulatory reporting work flows. This includes flowcharts & key controls matrices, through management of the Company’s periodic COSO 2013 certification process with the Company’s Internal and External Auditors
· Assist in building and maintaining a collaborative relationships with Internal and External Auditors in order to ensure that the COSO 2013 test of design and test of operating effectiveness procedures related to business/IT/entity level controls are executed in an effective and efficient manner
· Assist in developing strong relationships with key business/entity level stakeholders in order to identify areas of risk, while also preparing business partners and business process owners to properly execute COSO 2013 requirements
· Assist in managing the remediation of business/IT/entity level related internal control design and operating effectiveness deficiencies, including liaising with cross-functional remediation teams and documentation of the Company’s summary of aggregated deficiencies
· 3 to 5 years public and industry experience preferred
· Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”) preferred (at minimum working towards gaining CPA qualifications)
· Experience with implementing COSO 2013 and US SOX frameworks
· Experience with financial audits and US SOX 404 testing at multinational public companies is a plus
· Financial services industry experience is a plus
· Oracle G/L experience is a plus.