SMBC Capital Markets, Inc. (CM) is a derivatives trading company since 1988 based in New York City, with offices in London and Hong Kong. SMBC CM is an established derivatives dealer with a broad product portfolio, with specific emphasis on interest rates and foreign exchange products such as interest & FX swaps, FRAs, options, exotic products, commodity derivatives as well as exchange traded products such as treasury bonds, interest rate futures & options, currency futures, treasury futures & options, etc.
CM's Transaction Management team is searching for a candidate to join as a Senior ISDA Negotiator. Reporting to the Head of the Transaction Management team, the VP will lead negotiations on documentation related to the derivatives business, with a heavy emphasis on review and negotiation of finance documents including Credit Agreements, Inter-creditor Agreements, Note Purchase Agreements, etc. in connection with interest rate, currency and commodity risk. This is a non-legal, business-side position which will utilize the VP's legal background and skills.
Prior exposure to more complex derivatives transactions and secured financing documentation required for this position. Candidate must have secured lending experience.
1. Review and negotiation of financing documents focusing on provisions relating to integrated derivatives transactions.
2. Negotiating ISDA documentation (including Credit Support Annexes of a regulated and unregulated nature) covering different counter-party types located in various jurisdictions.
3. Drafting internal memorandum summarizing key terms of ISDA and finance documentation.
4. Working on projects related to regulatory documentation, including with respect to margin rules for uncleared swaps, and resolution regimes.
5. Liaising with other departments, including Legal, Management, Credit, Front Office and Operations.
6. Other special projects as needed.
- Experience negotiating ISDA Master Agreements and CSAs related to such arrangements preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years law firm and/or financial institution/bank experience with exposure to complex financial transactions.
- Minimum 1-2 plus years experience in ISDA documentation a plus.
- Familiarity with ISDA Protocol initiatives, including experience with margin rule related documentation a preferred.
- Exposure to more complex derivatives transactions and secured financing documentation necessary.
- Ability to work under time pressure.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.