This position will provide marketing and execution support to the senior colleagues of North America Project Finance through the management of the credit process, conducting due diligence, preparing presentation materials, research, continued monitoring and review of the portfolio and guiding and training junior colleagues. Build Excel financial models with the ability to create various financing structures. Support to Power / Natural Resources / Municipal / Infrastructure project finance team in North America. This position reports directly to the Director of the Execution Management group.
1. Manage the credit process including, conducting analysis and research, preparing credit applications, managing communications with Credit and back office, and providing guidance and training to junior colleagues on the team.
2. Support the execution process by reviewing due diligence reports, coordinating with clients, advisors, and internal counterparties.
3. Assist in the marketing and origination of new transactions by preparting pitch books and marketing materials and attending client meetings with senior colleagues.
4. Conduct quarterly and annual reviews of loan portfolio and handle a variety of system and procedural issues related to the borrowers such as internal grading, monthly/quarterly reporting, and other ad hoc projects.
5. Monitor and manage existing transactions including waivers, amendments, dividend transactions, loan closings and funding, and other credit events that may impact the borrower.
6. Present research and analytics to senior marketing officers that supports new business opportunities stay abreast of industry trends and current market conditions.
7. Attend bank meetings, industry events, conferences and seminars to begin building a network in the market and to stay abreast of industry trends and current market conditions.
8. Building excel financial models for project finance transactions with the ability to create various financing structures and credit metrics.
- Experienced in preparing credit applications, performing cash flow analysis, strong financial modelling skills, and able to manage the credit process from start to finish and provide guidance and mentorship to more junior colleagues.
- Highly collaborative and flexible in a team and client environment and ability to form good relationships internally and externally. Able to coordinate and communicate with various internal departments across the bank (middle/back office, global counterparts.)
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to present clearly and articulately to clients, senior management and internal departments such as Credit.
- Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines.
- Self-driven and motivated; takes personal ownership of specific assignments.
- Able to build and maintain a strong network of contacts in the relevant market.
- Demonstrates leadership ability and can provide mentorship, guidance and training to junior colleagues on the team.
A minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in a project finance team at a mid-sized to large global bank or investment bank. Strong financial modelling skills. Experience reviewing and negotiating project finance legal documentation. Comfortable and effective in presenting and communicating with clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Accounting preferred or equivalent education and training.
- Formal credit training a plus.or equivalent experience required.
- MS Office Suite - Excel, PowerPoint, Word; Bloomberg
- MBA preferred
- Some travel in the U.S. and Canada may be required.