The Systems Analyst is a part of the Information Systems Group within SMFL. This role is focused on Crystal Report writing to meet reporting requirements.
The Jr. Programmer/Systems Analyst is responsible for collaborating with SMFL business users to design and develop financial reports in Crystal Reports, and assist in the management of systems projects. This role executes deliverables under direct supervision and reports to Vice President, IT Systems.
(1) Write SQL scripts in Crystal Reports to retrieve data from Lease Accounting system and work with the Bank's accounting and regulatory reporting teams to meet the Bank's regulatory reporting requirements.
(2) Create, modify and manage financial reports (Crystal Reports) in Lease Accounting system used by SMFL business groups for day-to-day decision making and periodic reporting to the Head Office.
(3) Assist in the management of on-going systems projects by communicating with various internal groups, Head Office, and external vendors. This includes; facilitating meetings, creating documents, and tracking of schedules and budgets.
(4) Provide basic desktop support to end-users as needed.
(1) Working knowledge of relational database and SQL query
(2) Working knowledge of computer programming and scripting in multiple languages
(3) Working knowledge of basic systems administration and networking
(4) Demonstrated knowledge of financial concepts and accounting
(5) Forward thinker who seeks to improve business processes that deliver better services.
(6) Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate concepts and ideas
(1) 2-5 years of comparable or relevant experience
(2) Education BA/BS
(3) English is a must, Japanese is helpful but not required.
(4) Software Systems / Programming Languages : SQL, VB/VBA/VBS/VB.NET, Crystal Reports