SMBC is seeking a Loan Specialist Analyst level, part of the BCDAD group and responsible for servicing a syndicated loan portfolio in which the bank is a participant.
The Loan Specialist services a portfolio of complex loan products. This is a tactical and transactional role that requires a high degree of expertise, and frequently exercises operating discretion within established parameters, in partnership with more experienced staff. Assists Senior Loan Specialists in the review and approval of the loan administrators' work. Support an syndicated portfolio whereby SMBC is a participant lender in the US Corporate & Loans Department in the Middle/Back Office. Support a portfolio of loans, ability to read and interpret loan notices, support software processes, has an understanding of Loan IQ, and can communicate via telephone with a variety of people including customers, banks, and client executives.
· Interpret credit agreements and related documentation
· Experienced in varieties of loan servicing including all aspects of funding
· Manage a syndicated and/or bilateral deal portfolio of 90-110 facilities
· Follow instructions very well; detail-oriented
· Understand all aspects of deal/loan administration functions and tasks
· System Responsibilities
· Use of LIQ preferred, but not required, or like loan system
· Construct and amend bilateral and syndicated deal structures
· Trouble-shoot basic loan related functional problems/issues