The IT Network Administrator is the lead representative for the installation configuration and ongoing operational support for the hardware and software within the Rail Services environment.
The IT Network Administrator assists the technical and end user teams with technical related issues including the design, testing and production environments.
Serves as key producer of operating systems products:
· Works within the framework of established operating procedures to implement new or updated technologies to the operating system platforms of the business.
· Provides troubleshooting and maintenance as needed for servers, user devices, and communications links to ensure operational availability.
· Focuses on both hardware and software aspects of operating systems maintenance to deliver optimum platform performance and reliability.
· Focuses on the physical protection of information systems assets and corporate information and intellectual property assets in order to prevent the intentional or inadvertent access, modification, disclosure, or destruction of those assets.
· Coordinate installation of hardware and software solutions and configures access points to external suppliers to provide a secure operational environment for SMBC Rail Services.
· Maintain software licenses and application of upgrades of security patches to hardware to minimize risk to the environment.
· Manage daily operations activities including archival of business data and rotated to off-site and storage locations.
· Maintain hardware maintenance cycles and performance monitoring
·Manage daily data replication activities to disaster recovery data center
Critical technical resource for Disaster Recovery activities and Business Recovery teams.
· Provide end user support when needed.
· On board all end users with physical hardware and voice devices.
· BS degree in Computer Sciences, or Business related field or related experience
· Strong technical background in server, sans, pc, network hardware and security tools.
· Extensive experience in mail, messaging and security administration
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
· Project Management
· Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication, organizational and leadership skills. Display ability to work with all levels within the organization.
· Strong Vendor Management and negotiation skills.
· Highly analytical and problem resolution skills.
·Broad Infrastructure Background
· Independent Self Starter
· Strong Communications Written and verbal with ability to work with all levels of the organization
· Analytical with detailed solution management experience
· Relationship Management
· Solution Sourcing
· Project Management