JRI-America requires a Applications Support Specialist to provide the day-to-day technical support for existing desktop and 3rd Party Vendor applications used in support of SMBC's Front Office Departments. This position
will be the main point of contact and the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for these applications. This position will coordinate across technology departments to deliver technical solutions in support of the business's objectives.
This individual will leverage technical knowledge across disciplines, to test, configure, implement, trouble shoot, support and document (e.g., Run Books and Process Mapping), desktop and 3rd Party Vendor applications (e.g., Bloomberg, Thomas Reuters, web-based trading and/ or custodial platforms). This job requires use of technical expertise to identify issues, recommend solutions and implement them. This person will be the first line of contact for all technical issues for this portfolio of applications.
The job is both technical and strategic with a primary focus on operational execution and occasional input to broader planning as needed.
Collaborates on a daily basis across technology and other bank IT Departments (e.g., Capital Markets Technologies) and Vendors to support and implement systems. Reports to the Project Manager of Front Office Applications Department.
Has no direct/indirect report. Works as an individual contributor.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent technical skills
· Ability to quickly diagnose complex technical issues and to work towards their resolution
· Experience with Microsoft Suite of Applications, including Visio & Project, Java, Citrix, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Support, Firewall technologies
· Needs an understanding of various browsers (e.g., IE, Chrome), TCP/IP connections, Service calls (SOAP, REST) · Strong background in Java, C#, .NET or other desktop technologies
· Understands drivers, databases and file structures found with desktop applications. Need to understand end user debugging tools and technology such as stack tracing
· Experience working with 3rd Party Vendors and Trading applications (i.e., Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, BNYM, JPMC)
· Experience working in a Bank or other Financial institution
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are required
· Must be highly energetic, detail-orientated, and extremely proactive and have the ability to perform under pressure in a challenging environment
· 5 to 7 years of specialized experience in Financial Services
· Technical Support
· Documentation and process mapping
· Maintain and meet all scheduled administrative tasks