SMBC's Syndications team sets structuring, syndication and distribution strategy for all syndicated loans originated by SMBC in the Americas, as well as for any foreign originated loans executed in the US market. Syndications is looking to add another member to the team with a strong emphasis in US Corporates to support the structuring and syndication of loans from proposal to launch. This role will assist in the entire syndication process including marketing and origination, completion of due diligence, comps, preparation of marketing and syndication material, legal documentation review and internal credit approval work. The ideal candidate should have a desire to develop strong analytical and presentation skills and hone marketing skills while working on large complex transactions.
The team works in conjunction with:
- Debt Capital Markets
- Leveraged Finance
- Corporate Coverage (Across US and Latin America - #2 Bookrunner for 1H2015)
- Project and Trade Finance
- Real Estate Finance
SMBC U.S. Loan Syndications is seeking to grow its business in North America by adding a Vice President. We are looking for an experienced candidate to provide origination, execution, and capital markets' knowledge, with a specific focus on the U.S. corporate banking franchise. The role will directly support two senior level capital markets professionals in the origination and structuring of both investment grade and non-investment grade loan transactions, across multiple industries.
- Support origination activities of two senior level capital markets professionals; assist with the pitching, structuring, pricing, syndication, and closing of both investment grade and non-investment grade loan transactions
- Develop tailored debt and capital structure solutions/presentations for clients including Term Sheets
- Lead preparation of high-quality marketing materials, such as information memorandums and lenders presentations Assist originators in marketing efforts across multiple sectors, attend select client meetings
- Act as point-of-contact across the entire life cycle of a transaction with limited assistance from senior staff
- Oversee the junior staff and proficiently review/proofread their work
Preferred Previous Experience:
- minimum of 7-10 years’ prior experience in loan syndications, DCM corporate or investment banking with preferably at least the last three years in loan capital markets/loan syndications.
- Proficient understanding of the syndicated loan business, complex financial structures and related credit/legal documentation
- Ability to function as part of a flat organization, manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of multiple teams
- Formal credit training
-Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a competitive program at a top tier university or college, or its equivalent.
- Strong understanding of the financial markets, corporate finance and financial accounting
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail; clearly articulates view point verbally and in marketing and presentation materials
- Professional work ethic, highly self-motivated and positive attitude
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, pressure oriented environment and deliver under tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills while balancing workload and prioritizing effectively
Other Skills, Abilities and/or Training:
- Financial statement, cash flow and credit analysis
- Corporate finance, financial accounting
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Bloomberg / Reuters)
- Experience with Capital IQ, LCD, Bloomberg, and LoanConnector