SMBC is seeking a BCDAD Trainee for our one year program.
This is a trainee position to learn and support the Business Control Department Americas Division’s (BCDAD) Compliance Operations activities. The trainees will be provided with support and course work to enable job knowledge and success. This is a 12 month program where the trainee will train in the Compliance Operations area working in each of the group’s three departments in rotation. The rotation follows the client lifecycle from on boarding through real time monitoring and finally post transaction monitoring. After successful training completion, the candidates may be offered a position within one of the three groups in BCDAD - Compliance Operations:
Account Control Group (ACG) - Learning the various sections of Know Your Customer (KYC), from KYC Periodic Review, New Customer and Non-Customer on boarding, new account opening and maintenance (entity and account updates)
· Learn to perform analysis on all aspects of client on boarding including Customer Identification Program, Documentary and non-documentary requirements, compare “expected activity” with actual transaction activity on accounts. Identify and reconcile information captured during the on boarding process vs. the actual activity, summarize and decisioning for background vetting including derogatory searches (adverse news, Politically Exposed Persons)
Transaction Examination Support (TES) – Learn to perform assessment of transactions that are possible matches to Office through the bank’s filtering system before approving blocked remittance transactions. Learn how to review, analyze and confirm remittances to avoid potential fraud.
· Learning the basics of products and systems through the areas
· Training on in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements related to Anti-Money Laundering (AML), KYC and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
· Conduct KYC periodic review/sanction screening review
Provide first pass for filtered transactions.
· Monitor RFI process and track information
· Gain understanding of more complex processes in each department
Provide feedback regarding process improvements based on training experience
Undergraduate Degree or Veteran status preferred
Technical/Analytical skills/Computer Skills (Excel, Word, Power-Point)
· Communication Skills – written and verbal
· Problem Solving
· Ability to quickly obtain Business/Product Knowledge
· Strong organizational skills
· Detail Oriented
· Team player