The Marketer will be a member of a team responsible for the marketing of derivative product solutions for the hedging of project finance transactions across the Americas.
SMBC Capital Markets, Inc. (CM) is a derivatives trading company since 1988 based in New York City, with offices in London and Hong Kong. SMBC CM is an established derivatives dealer with a broad product portfolio, with specific emphasis on interest rates and foreign exchange products such as interest & FX swaps, FRAs, options, exotic products, commodity derivatives as well as exchange traded products such as treasury bonds, interest rate futures & options, currency futures, treasury futures & options, etc.
- Utilization of strong sales skills to promote the bank's derivatives platform, in support of the bankers who manage the underlying projects as well as the project sponsors and advisors.
- Ability to close complex deals, cross-sell bank products and manage the pipeline of projects to add value to the bank's core business of project finance.
- Utilization of a high degree of numeracy to be able to manage the large volume of complex pricing and modelling.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of prior experience
- BA/BS or its equivalent.
- Deep understanding of derivative products, mainly interest rate swaps and options, including deal contingent hedges and currency swaps/forwards, including non-deliverable currencies.
- Facility in modeling and presenting such transactions to clients is required.
- Demonstrable proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint and Word, as well as some experience of MarkitWire. A high level of presentational skills using Powerpoint is expected.