The Distributed Computing Engineer will act in the capacity of a hands-on Windows Systems Administrator including Virtualization, SAN, and Cloud technologies.
Engineering involving design, implementation, monitoring, maintenance, and upgrades in a corporate IT environment.
The position involves direct interaction with the Business, including Trading and Back Office departments.
They will produce implementation instructions and carry out required changes to complete tasks/projects, resolve incidents/problems, and for changes/improvements requested by management.
The position is required to update/maintain all documentation and will be tasked with improving such documentation as required.
Ability to identify opportunities for efficiency and pro-actively improve the infrastructure environment.
Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment and multi-task effectively to deal with changing priorities.
The Distributed Computing Engineer's primary responsibility is to work on projects, and resolve Level 2/Level 3 issues.
The Engineer will work on project deliverables, and should be able to work independently, and escalate to management when needed.
- Provide systems administration, monitoring troubleshooting, and problem resolution
- Support, develop, document, test, and implement engineering solutions
- Monitor system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair
- Ensure that records of system configuration are properly maintained
- Work with vendors to assist support activities.
- Research and recommend innovative solutions and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Provide technical consultation in new systems implementation, new feature or function evaluations, and enhancement of existing systems.
- Responsible for Microsoft Critical patch deployment and testing
- Responsible for Hardware and Software maintenance and renewals
- Responsible for updating Vendor contacts (for escalation purposes)
The candidate will have strong knowledge in the following:
- Windows Server and Desktop
- Cloud technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS, Office 365)
- SAN Experience
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Experience that is a major plus:
- Citrix Xenapp/Xen Desktop
-Strong ability to deliver on time
-Able to follow priorities set by management
- Strong ability to deliver quality
- Able to follow directions and guidance from management
- Strong ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects at the same time
- High sense of urgency as a Trading Floor environment needs to be supported
- Ability to document process, requirements, and create test plans
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
There may be workstation, server, and appliance equipment that will need to be installed
Late night and weekend work may be necessary at times for installations, patching, upgrades, maintenance - comp time will be given for this work effort