The Database Engineer will provide the following role:
-The design, testing, implementation, monitoring, maintenance, and upgrade of all database related infrastructure systems.
-This position involves direct interaction with the business, including Front, Middle, and Back office departments.
-Microsoft SQL database support for primary location in New York, and also support for remote offices in London and Hong Kong.
-This position requires updating and maintaining of all documentation for the managed systems.
-Ability to identify opportunities for efficiency and pro-actively improve the infrastructure environment
-Ability to work in fast paced dynamic environment and multi-task effectively to deal with changing priorities.
-A high sense of urgency is required as the work entails delivering for a Trading floor environment.
-Deliver on assigned projects on time
-Provide administration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and problem resolution for the database environments.
-Support, develop, document, test, and implement engineering solutions
-Monitor system performance, configuration, upgrade, maintenance, repair, backups, and restores
-Work closely with vendors on new system implementation and troubleshooting
-Provide support for Level2 and Level3 database problem resolution
-Research and recommend innovative solutions and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
-Maintain vendor contacts management
-Responsible for maintaining Software End of Life
-Responsible for maintaining annual maintenance renewals
7+ years of experience with Database systems, support, installation, upgrade and maintenance
Candidate should have thorough familiarity with Microsoft Windows SQL Server, SQL query, SQL stored procedures, SQL backup and recovery, SQL high availability and replication, SQL Reporting Services, Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft SQL Server database platform versions
- Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
- High sense of urgency as a Trading floor environment needs to be supported, ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects at the same time
- Experience with Market Data Backend (Reuters)
- Experience with SolarWinds
- Experience with CA Workload Scheduling
- Experience with SQL Data Warehouse
- Linux Server experience
- Experience with Website design
- Experience with Oracle database
Required Skills/ Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
– Ability to recognize and re-mediate issues within the internal infrastructure
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good influencing, relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work within stringent timeframes
- Strong analytical and investigation skills
- Strong team player
Weekend and night work may be needed at times based on project, support, and business needs.
Comp-time will be provided in lieu of work performed during weekend and/or late night