The Project Manager is a part of the Treasury & HOMIS group within JRIA. This role plans and implements Head Office MIS (HOMIS) application in coordination with other technical teams in JRIA, business departments in SMBC and Tokyo application development/support teams. The role includes on-going application maintenance activities and production support.
HOMIS is the ETL application which sends daily balances and movements of Demand Deposit Accounts, Loans and Trade Finance with those B/S and P/L for NA and EMEA regions by extracting necessary data from relational databases.
As a HOMIS Project Manager, you will lead delivery of key projects driven by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) Tokyo Head Office by communicating closely with Tokyo members and related teams in NA/EMEA countries. You will analyze system requirements and make design documents for HOMIS developers working in NY/NJ. You will also work closely with HOMIS developers to implement stable interface applications between Tokyo and NJ.
Adding to the HOMIS work, you will also work for the FR2052 report implementation, which extracts transactions from the source applications called FOX and OBS. FOX is FX (Spot, Forward, Option and Swap) trading/booking system for internal bank staff. SMBC staff operates OBS to book Money, CD, CP, Time Deposit, Facility, Security Trade, Security Inventory, Derivative, Repo, Reverse Repo and Collateral.
// Primary Responsibilities
As a project manager;
· Understand overall system architectures of the applications, and work with network, middleware, production support teams in JRIA to complete projects as well as troubleshoot production issues.
· Manages small-to-mid-sized projects by defining business and technical requirements, tracking schedule, estimate workload, obtain quotes from external vendors, budget approval process support, coordinate development effort with internal & external parties such as ETL team, internal Interface team, and production support team, mitigate issues and risks.
As a business analyst;
· Meet with business users to gather requirements and translate them into functional requirements, then consult with SME to execute.
- Uses understanding of high-level database architectures to work with data analysts and architects to ensure database designs are consistent with information architecture and information management.
- Leads data modeling activities and mentors ETL/BI developers in understanding the bank's data structure.
- Basic experience working with Relational Databases, Enterprise Application Integration projects.
- Back office business analysis and design experience including payment, settlement, cash flow, accounting and reconciliation is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of financial products including but not limited to Money, CD, CP, Time Deposit, Facility, Security Trade, Security Inventory, Derivative, FX (Spot, Forward, Option and Swap), Repo, Reverse Repo and Collateral is a plus.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field preferred but not required.
- Business fluency in Japanese as well as English.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· An analytical, problem-solving mindset and delivery focused with a client-centered orientation.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams in a fast-paced development environment.
· Basic knowledge of UNIX based servers, network and interface communication technologies including but not limited to MQ, SFTP, HTTP and ODBC is a plus.
· Knowledge of project management methodology/SDLC/PLC processes in IT financial services environments is a plus