This position serves as part of the Regulatory Reporting BHC team that designs, develops and supports BHC Regulatory Reporting.
Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining the bank’s infrastructure in support of BHC Regulatory Reporting requirements as related to an FBO BHC.
- The Senior Regulatory Reporting Application Specialist is responsible for:
· Support of BHC Regulatory Reporting including the BHC data mart and the ETL code that generates the extracts for Lombard Risk’s Reg Reporter 6.1 application.
· Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand and propose technology solutions to meet BHC regulatory reporting requirements.
· Interpret written business requirements and functional requirements to produce detailed system requirements specifications, complex data flow diagrams, test plans, swim lane and process diagrams using standardized documentation methods
· Ensure that proposed solutions comply with the company’s technology direction and change and security policies.
· Develop and support DataStage Sequencers and Parallel jobs using different stages like Aggregator, Join, Merge, Lookup, Source dataset, External Filter, Row generator, Column Generator,Change Capture, Copy, Funnel, Short, Peek stages, etc.
· Tune ETL jobs and SQL queries for optimization
· Contribute to design and code reviews
· Provide subject matter expertise on the capabilities/constraints of existing systems, processes and proposed solutions.
· Knowledge and good understanding of Best Practices in Database and DataStage development as well as BHC Regulatory Reporting
· Identify and communicate technical risks, issues, and changes
· Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and insure that production support issues are minimized through implementation of continuous improvement refinements to the platform.
- Must have 7+ years experience building DataStage jobs and should be able to integrate them with various databases (Oracle, SQL, server). Must be capable of setting workflow using DataStage sequence
- Must have 2+ years experience supporting IHC or BHC Regulatory Reporting
- Ability to absorb & present complex ideas quickly & accurately.
- Ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline.
- Good prioritization and time management.
- Positive approach to work and to fellow team members
- Some Experience in IT Strategy and Architecture planning a plus.
- Ability to develop DataStage Sequencers and Parallel jobs using different stages like Aggregator, Join, Merge, Lookup, Source dataset, External Filter, Row generator, Column Generator,Change Capture, Copy, Funnel, Short, Peek stages, etc.
- Knowledge of PL SQL and analytical functions
- Understand of indexes, parallel processing and partitioning
- Experience with Data Marts, and Data Warehousing
- Unix scripting
- Knowledge of SSIS and MS SQL preferred
- Familiarity with TWS or other scheduling software
- Exposure to DFA including Section 165 Regulation YY and Basel III
Late night production support and weekend implementation work will be required