The Debt Capital Markets (DCM) team of SMBC Nikko Securities America is looking for an Analyst to work as part of a team focused on the origination and execution of investment grade and high yield debt capital market transactions for Latin American issuers. The DCM team focuses on all aspects of bond transactions including origination, structuring, documentation, marketing and placement across all industries and all currencies for the entire Latin American region. The team particularly focuses on Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Peru and Colombia. The Analyst work closely with other product groups within fixed income as well as investment banking (client coverage). The position will be based in New York City. The DCM Analyst is a demanding position that requires the ability to multi-task, attention to detail, a quick learning curve and requires various types of thinking that range from creative to highly analytical.
- Prepare weekly Latam DCM update to be sent to clients
- Maintain database of priced Latam new issues
- Maintain short credit profiles for regional clients
- Keep marketing materials up to date/Prepare pitchbooks for client presentations
- Perform transaction execution responsibilities including maintaining working party lists,
roadshow presentation preparation, review of transaction documentation
- Prepare credit memos for potential deals
- Build financial models and conduct credit analysis
- Entry level position suitable for recent college graduate; ideally candidate will have some work experience in the financial services industry such as a summer internship or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Math or related field, or its equivalent.
- FINRA Series 7 or 79 and 63 preferred
- Oral and written fluency in either Spanish or Portuguese (or both) required.
- Experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word are extremely helpful; familiarity with Bloomberg also a plus
- Fluid with numbers and mathematical and statistical concepts
- Motivated, hard-working individual, with passion to learn and excel in a demanding role
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be extremely reliable and responsive with strong sense of responsibility for the work product of the team
- Willing and able to work full time hours, typically 10+ hours every weekday. Overtime may be required.
- Occasional weekend work may be required/Work from home on weekends
- Must be able to respond via mobile phone to work emails during non-traditional working hours
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Team player with desire to add value and contribute
- Desire to learn and grow in the areas of corporate finance and financial markets
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task responsibilities including working for multiple people
- Overall positive attitude with willingness to perform beyond what is being asked