Responsible for conducting thorough credit analyses during examination of various business units in SMBC's Americas Division to assess credit quality and credit administration.
The person should have the ability to produce credit analyses which summarize key credit and structural elements of various transactions. This requires the ability to quickly understand various transactions, evaluate credit risk and focus on key structural elements.
The Associate will evaluate the depth and accuracy of the units' credit analysis, adherence with the bank's policies and procedures and report such findings to management of Credit Review and senior management of the bank.
Assess credit worthiness of obligors, credit structure, credit administration and accuracy of credit grades
Self Assessment/ Credit Review Support System (“CRESS”) - Monitoring of accounts subject to Self Assessment
· Experience in a major US, foreign or regional bank or credit rating agency
· Broad background in financial statement analysis, accounting, deal structuring and strong communication skills (written and
· Prior experience structuring transactions is preferred, but not essential
· Broad credit experience in a variety of industries, lending disciplines and credit structures preferably project finance, asset based
and leveraged lending.
· Good knowledge of banking procedures and regulations
· Good understanding of credit fundamentals of diversified industries and business transactions
· Formal credit training from a major money center bank
· MBA degree is preferable
· On-the-job training and attending industry related seminars and presentations
· Solid working knowledge of commonly used computer applications such as: Word and Excel (spreadsheets, word processing,
· Ability to conduct domestic and foreign travel for 1-2 week assignments 1-2 times per year
· Overtime as needed