JRI America, Inc. (a subsidiary of SMBC) is seeking a candidate to support IBM Workload Scheduler (IWS) and will be responsible for developing TWS batch job streams and jobs and basic TWS administration as part of JRIA's Application Production Support Team. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in TWS and experience loading and extracting TWS objects using the TWS Composer command line interface. The candidate should also have a very good understanding of UNIX, Linux and Windows operating systems as well as Korn or Bash shell scripting. This candidate will work with various development and application teams to perform their TWS job stream and job development work and they will be responsible for maintenance and support of the existing TWS job streams and jobs including investigation of issues and production support for the Bank's operation.
IBM Workload Scheduler (IWS) Support Person/ IBM Information Server (DataStage) Support
-Design and develop TWS batch job stream, jobs and other TWS objects and perform basic TWS administration.
- Utilize the TWS Composer command line interface to perform their development work.
- Work with other various development and application teams to develop the TWS batch job streams and jobs.
- Update the appropriate documentation for the new TWS job streams and jobs that they developed, modified or removed.
- Perform analysis and design of the business requirements and specifications as required.
- Ensure that the code they developed adheres to TWS coding standards and functional / technical specifications.
- Participate in code promotion activities through all SDLC environments and validate that promoted TWS job streams/jobs are working as expected.
- Assist QA team with identifying QA test cases and support them during QA testing.
- Fix coding bugs identified during QA and user acceptance testing.
- Update team leader and project manager with status of assigned development/project work.
- Troubleshoot production issues and assist in timely resolution of incidents with assistance from senior developers or team leader if required.
- Support weekend maintenance, technology / business recovery tests and system verification / validation events.
- Keep up to date on new features and enhancements in TWS
In addtion to TWS expertise we are also looking for a senior IBM InfoSphere DataStage (ETL) developer to work in the Production Support Group. The candidate for the DataStage (ETL) support position will be responsible for supporting existing batch/ETL interfaces using IBM's ETL tool Datastage. The candidate will have a strong DataStage development and Unix background to work in the Production Support Group. The candidate for the DataStage (ETL) support position will be responsible for supporting existing and future ETL interfaces using IBM's ETL tool Datastage 11.5.x.
The candidate will also be responsible for the maintenance and support of the existing interface DataStage processes. This position will be a key member in JRIA's Application Production Support Team and will support bank critical applications for Europe and North America. They will work with the SMBC ETL development team to assist with the deployment , configuration and validation of DataStage code in Release and Production environments adhering to SMBC best practices. The candidate will be also involved in:
·Troubleshoot and resolution of productions failures
·Performance tuning exercise to reduce the runtime of existing DataStage interfaces,
·Review of production implementation plans
·Patches and Upgrades to the Information Server platform (IIS)
·Assist with the technical walkthroughs of DataStage Interfaces for design improvements and development peer reviews
·Impact analysis for new implementations on existing systems and document backout plans for all implementation performed
·Validate the DataStage ETL application after any work requested by infrastructure teams on weekends
·Participate in IIS infrastructure and escalation planning
·Participate in cross training sessions with the development team
IBM TWS(IWS) 8.X/9.x/10.x
Oracle Databases 11g and 12c
Operating Systems: Unix and Red Hat Linux
Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
Detail oriented with excellent problem solving abilities and ability to perform under pressure in a challenging environment.
Highly developed sense of accountability and follow through with ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks, projects and goals.
Skills and Special Requirements (heavy lifting, excessive overtime, etc.)
Ability to work on weekends for maintenance, production implementations, recovery tests and system verifications / validations.
Ability to address production issues from home outside of normal business hours.