Primarily responsible for the tax compliance function (i.e. provisions and returns) of SMBC Capital Markets, Inc., a US subsidiary of SMBC.
1. Compile quarterly and year-end tax provisions. Collect/review information from the Company, Analyze book-to-tax adjustments, perform current/deferred tax assets/liabilities and benefit/expanse computation. Compute effective tax rate. Perform return to provision (RPT) computation.
2. Prepare the tax provision section of the Head Office Accounting Package.
3. Responsible for maintaining all tax related accounts
4. Compile supporting information and prepare US federal consolidated tax return including Form 1120, 1118, 5472, 5471
5. Work as a member of the team in compiling the Company’s state returns in a multi-state filing environment
6. Prepare quarterly Federal and State estimated tax payment computation.
7. Ensure all tax filing deadlines (i.e. all extension, estimates, and returns) are met.
8. Work as a team member in handling audits from various tax authorities. Respond or assist in responding questions or enquires from IRS or S&L tax authorities
9. Works as a team member in the tax compliance and reporting function for SMBC’s U.S. Bank Holding Company. (e.g. consolidated provisions, consolidated returns, tax sharing computation, etc.)
10. Actively involved in federal and state audits, collect information, prepare or assist in preparing responses to federal and state notices or audit inquiries (i.e. IDR). Perform various federal and state tax researches.
Other Ad Hoc assignments.
4 to 6 year experience in public accounting and/or private sector. Strong current tax /deferred tax concept. Specialized in tax compliance function (provision and returns) in banking, capital markets, and/or financial service industry.
Team oriented, detail oriented, result driven, strong analytical skills, ability to use tax return preparation software (knowledge of RIA-OneSource a plus), good research skills, proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.