Nikko America Equity Sales & Trading (EST) team is seeking a Japanese-English bilingual sales desk support professional to perform tasks such as travel and expense management, system registrations, and other general administrative tasks to support the smooth running of the desk. The job will also involve closely working with sales and sales traders to support their client service activities, with a large role involving assistance with the arrangement and execution of corporate and SMBC Nikko analyst roadshows in North America, as well as actively supporting the sales and sales trading on "commission management" functions that include: inputing and updating client interaction reports, tracking CSA payments, maintaining and updating client service agreements, etc. Native-level Japanese language skills required.
(1) Travel and expense management for desk staff
(2) Support of sales and sales traders in daily client service activities.
(3) Work with sales and with global Commission Management team members to efficiently and comprehensively organize and implement our client payment relationships. With the evolution of MiFID II and other unbundling efforts, client payment processes are getting much more complex and difficult to track. Also, client payment is frequently contingent upon successful submission of client interaction reports. As such, the desk support role will involve working closely with sales to track and input all client interactions in the formats and on the schedules requested by each individual client. Also, the desk support will help track and monitor payments both to and from clients depending on various CCA and CSA agreements in place.
(4) Active involvement in planning, arrangement and execution of Japanese corporate non-deal roadshows as well as SMBC Nikko research analyst marketing trips to NA.
(5) Other administrative tasks: Copy documents and bind presentations; Purchase office supplies; Coordinate meetings/dinners; Communicate effectively with other departments including Tokyo Head Office; Answer phones promptly and courteously.
- Native-level Japanese and fluent English required.
- 3-5 years of administrative experience at a bank or financial institution.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to every aspect of the job--willingness to "take ownership" of responsibilities and assignments and to focus on the overall efficient and effective operation of the desk.
- Ability to interact with investor clients on a range of levels and topics in a professional and efficient manner.
- Flexible and outgoing personality--ability to deal with rapidly changing environment and to work well with colleagues in a variety of circumstances.
- Strong organizational skills and very detail orientated. In particular, the ability to master the client commission management role to maximize efficiency and quantity of data and support provided. This will involve mastering many different systems and client preferences.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and ability to learn new computer systems.