This position is responsible for originating new business volume through the relationship with dealers, manufacturers, and end users.
**Covered Area - Upper Midwest**
- Developing leads through phone calls, emails, and networking. Ability to develop new relationships with dealers, manufacturers and end users.
- From leads, identify opportunities that fit our business model/scheme and from those opportunities, make proposals and secure business.
- Write proposals, make quotes and communicate effectively with equipment dealers and end users.
- Negotiate terms consistent with SMFL policies and procedures.
- Close business effectively.
- Use of laptop computer – MS Suite of products plus TValue and use FIS <Sungard> AAF lease management system.
Communicate effectively and professionally (core sales techniques), ability to develop new relationships with dealers, manufacturer and end users.
Strong negotiation skills and interpersonal skills are essential.
Extensive knowledge and understanding of lease pricing, negotiation, and closing transactions. (closing on terms that favor SMFL)
Knowledge and understanding of credit issues including technical ability to analyze and interpret financial statements. Knowledge of credit scoring criteria
Proficiency with our core systems (FIS <Sungard> Lease Management system, TValue, White-Clark system, plus Microsoft Suite)
English (required), Spanish is a plus.
Proficient in use of HP 12B or similar calculator for making lease and loan calculations.
Basic knowledge of word, excel, powerpoint.
Required (air, train and auto) to travel on the regular basis to see the customers (dealers and end users) – domestic only.
Will be requested to work out of a home office.